Thursday, November 15, 2007

My Westie



I can't believe that he is coming up on 4 years old. Okay so he still has a little over four months to go but it will be here soon. Probably about the time of my next post! ha ha

He has done a wonderful job of being big brother. No one can make Brooklyn laugh like he can. I think it's been a little hard on him adjusting but he is always so sweet to her. He is constantly saying Mommy isn't she SOOOO cute? The other day I told him he is SOOOO cute too and he said no Mommy I'm a boy. Then I said well you are SOOOO handsome and he was okay with that!

A few things about Weston at 3 1/2

Favorite Color- Red. Lately everything he has been coloring has been all red.
Favorite place to eat- Pei Wei and Hasta La Pasta or as he says Pasta, Pasta
Favorite Food- Spaghetti and pizza
Favorite thing to do - play outside and ride his bike
He loves to play baseball and play with friends. When asked at school during Thanksgiving what he was most thankful for he said his good buddy Caleb. He even told a worker at the YMCA that he and Caleb were brothers! Weston is funny and has a great belly laugh. He loves to color and can color for hours on end. He makes up songs about things we are doing and loves to tell stories. He has a great memory and asks lots of questions.

Here is a conversation of ours when I was dropping him off at school and we see a friend of his.
Weston: Mommy God didn't make Reba
Me: Well of course he did Weston
Weston: No, she told me that her Mommy did
Me: hmmm. . .

James Dobson's book "The Strong Willed Child" was definitely written for him. I think later on in life this will benefit him but it makes parenting him difficult at times. He is persistent, smart and likes things in order. Of course he always knows what to say to make me laugh or change the subject. During a battle of ours one day I told him he was making me very angry and he said "I don't make you angry I make you happy!" Well what do you say to that??

We were playing with blocks the other day and he wanted to make a parking garage for his cars. We lined up blocks and stacked up blocks and I decided to make the block go at an angle just for something different. Weston looks over at it and says "Mom it doesn't go like that it needs to be like this." He promptly moved it back like it's "supposed" to go. He is a lot like his Daddy!

He played soccer for the first time in the Fall and had a lot of fun. Jeremy was one of the coaches along with our friend Tommy and another guy. After the first game Jeremy and I were a little worried that he was to young and we shouldn't have started him yet. We went back and forth with we can't let him quit but should we continue? It was that bad! There were 11 boys on his team and about 9 of them cried the whole game, wouldn't play, and said they wanted to go home, my boy included. He also didn't understand that there was only ONE ball. After the game he said those boys weren't sharing that ball with me. Thankfully there is a Houston soccer team and we found the game on TV. We watched it with Weston and told him we just wanted him to have fun and that there is just going to be one ball and that's how you play. After a few more practices the second game went so much better! He had a great time, made some good friends and scored some goals. We played with two of our friends and made it a tradition to practice, play and eat pizza!




No comments: