Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Merry Christmas it was!

Star Wars, Macs, and Shotguns were the theme of our Christmas this year.  But most of all we are thankful for the best gift of all, Jesus!  

this was my favorite Christmas dress for Brooklyn.  I am so excited because I know she'll be able to wear again next year!
Brooklyn had more fun sitting, standing, and just plain looking cute than actually opening the presents.


He got it!  Mom and Dad did a great job at pulling off the big surprise.  Jeremy finally got his Browning shotgun.  


Weston completely exhausted this is exactly how we found him.  




Everything with me has to be a tradition.  I have never opened presents in the morning before.  I grew up always opening presents Christmas eve night.  So this year we could only make it work doing our Christmas a few days early and in the morning.  It was fun and I wanted to think of something the kids would remember.  So we went to the donut shop all of us in our PJ's (which Weston thought was the coolest thing ever) and we had Christmas breakfast.  Poor Weston and his wheat allergy.  Not to fun at the donut shop.   I wasn't thinking to clearly on that one.  May have to change our tradition to the gluten free section of HEB and then sit in the cafe on the run.  But don't those kids look cute!



Clone Wars, Star Wars, Storm Troopers, Obi Wan, red and green light sabers. .  .  I have learned more about these things than I ever thought possible.  This Christmas will forever stay in my mind as the Star Wars Christmas.  This Christmas we put 1700 miles on our suburban visiting family and it really wasn't so bad.  The kids did amazingly well thanks to the DVD player and new movies.  The Christmas we found out that Jeremy and I are the only ones who actually enjoy Whataburger.  The Christmas that Weston and I learned remote control cars work better on a driveway than a rocky road.  The Christmas I got witness Brooklyn's first attempt at being aggressive when she saw Madison with M&M's.   Our first Christmas with our future sister-in-law.  Our first Christmas with Ryder.  The Christmas that Weston was truly excited about the magic of Christmas.  A Christmas full of great memories, birthday cakes for Jesus, family, road trips, and thankfulness.  When asked whose birthday we are celebrating Weston said "Collin's and Jesus', silly Mommy"  


No comments: