Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Easter at the Ranch


We went to the Ranch for Easter and had a great time! We drove the Mule, swam (well the boys anyway it was freezing!), celebrated my birthday, saw Dad's new land, watched city boys wrangle longhorns, screamed while Eric was on a runaway horse, fished, had Jeremy cook for all of us, had a great Easter lesson, hunted and dyed easter eggs. All in three days! Several memorable moments stand out for me. The first was when Sheila and I went to see the new land with Dad he got for cattle and also hunting. Dad laid out cake for the cows and of course since we were out in the middle of no where I had to go to the bathroom. Dad was on one side of the truck where all the cows were so I went to the other side to (what's a nice way to say squat?). So there I am going to the bathroom and I here something. I turn my head around to see a HUGE black cow coming a little to close. What could I do? I figured he wouldn't come to close and I tried to finish my business. A few seconds later this, let me repeat, HUGE COW was right behind me! I start screaming "SHEILA" not sure what she could do but I couldn't call Dad because my pants were around my ankles. I jumped up pulled up pants and RAN. All the while the cow just stands there chewing some grass. My Dad on the other hand is cracking up!
Another great moment of the weekend was the Sermon my Dad did on the Resurrection of our Savior. Sheila bought resurrection eggs, inside the 12 eggs is a little piece of the Easter story. My Dad let each grandson open an egg and then told what the piece meant. Hunter did a great job of helping Dad tell the story and we can't wait until all the boys can help him.
Mom also made me one of my favorite desserts for my birthday, homemade butterfinger ice cream! I had balloons and even candles in my "cake."
Sheila and I bought Hayden and Weston there own fishing poles but this time they were much more interested throwing rocks in the stock tank. Hunter again beat everyone and caught the most fish not sure what his technique is but it works!





I have more cute pics from the weekend but can't get them to upload right now. I will add more later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robin, you should take up writing, I love reading your descripiton of all your family's escapades! Very enjoyable reading!