Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Weston's Words

Two and half year olds are funny! This age can be so challenging and so much fun all with in the same half hour. Weston has been cracking us up lately with the things he comes up with. Jeremy took him outside the other night and he said "Look Daddy the moon turned on!" He picked up an old cell phone 'called' Dado and said "Dado? Dado? I'm talking to you!"
It's still pretty hot in Houston; I put Weston in the car and he said "Mom, I need some air." I'm not quite ready for him to be calling me Mom yet. I still prefer Momma or Mommy! He has also been calling me Robin a lot lately. Jeremy was changing his diaper and he kept saying "I want my Robin, I want Robin!" He'll say "Come on Robin, come on" Today I told him "Weston I am Mommy" and he said "okay Robin." It's kind of like when he was 14 months old and I would say Weston say Momma and he would go "Dada"
Granna sent him his very own email on Halloween, today he told me he needs to check his email!
He will run up to me or Jeremy and say I miss you! He also grabs his pooh bear gives it the biggest hug and says I miss you, I miss you, I miss you. When he was taking a nap today I heard him singing "Jesus love me, strong, Jesus love me I know" then it went into "ABCHIJMNOP, wheels go roun and roun" I think that's how his mind works, constantly thinking of something else to say or do. This kid is also 90 to nothing ALL day long. He will stop come get a hug snuggle for about 15 seconds and take off running again. His only speed is definitely fast forward! When we sing together he says "Mommy my turn sing" sorry Weston Mommy wants to sing too. "No no singing" For the most part he loves to sing and be sang to. Lately he always talks about a bear coming. As in "Mommy there's a bear in our new house" "we need to run!" "Bear comin, Bear comin" sometimes he acts scared of the bear sometimes he laughs about it. No idea why he thinks there is a bear after him. Even in the car he will say "Momma I see dat bear" Every once in awhile it's a shark or a lion coming but most of the time it's a bear. He also is saying things scare him now. Sometimes the bear is scary, or he will say "dat scare me!" "Mommy is that scary?" It's been raining like crazy here and one night we woke up with him and said "that under (thunder) toooo loud! That under scare me!" We brought him to bed with us which meant Pooh Bear, Elmo, Night-Night, and Maymay came along. That doesn't leave much room in our queen size bed! He gets attached to something new everyday and wants to sleep with it. He always sleeps with night-night, may-may, pooh and elmo but lately it's also been an extra crib sheet, a froggie Elizabeth gave him and whatever toy he has just been playing with. I just say whatever it takes to get him to sleep!
At night he loves to pray and joins in. When we leave his room at bedtime he says about three times "I love you Mommy, I love you Daddy" When it's been a rough day that makes it all better.
Favorite phrases:
Mommy make it better
All better!
Wait, wait for me
I'm comin'
Mommy that's funny!
I have fun
PoooperMaaann! (super man)
Let's go Sonic get french fries, chocolate milk, sit outside
I don't like it (he could even be eating ice cream and say this)
That for me? That mine? That yours?
I want Chocate

No comments: