Friday, June 27, 2008

How is it possible that she is ONE?











Or for that matter nearly 16 months since we all know that I am posting this nearly four months late!
Her party was so much fun and I had a great time planning and making it as pink as I possibly could. Brooklyn did a good job getting herself pink too! She loves cake about as much as her Mama. At a year she is all smiles, loves to cuddle, and is such a joy. We love more than I ever thought possible. How could I have known how much Mommy, Daddy and Weston would need you in our lives sweet Brooklyn. You bring all of us such joy.

At our family reunion in Las Cruces the weekend before Brooklyn's party, we ran into Super K Mart. After a night of no sleep we realized pretty quick that Brooklyn needed a real pack n play and not the metal cage thing at the hotel. We didn't find a pack n play but I did find the cute "Brooklyn" t-shirt for the bargain price of $9.99. I think it would totally fun to go to New York and load up on Brooklyn T-Shirts. For that matter I might drop by the Westin Hotel and get a few t-shirts to represent my sweet baby boy. Except then it would be spelled wrong and that really bugs me. If you happen to notice the "B" spray painted on the concrete in our backyard I thought it would be a nice touch. I hung butterflies from the ceiling moved furniture and had about 50 wooden pinwheels all throught the inside and outside, paid a ridiculous amount on cupcakes that so weren't my vision of what I wanted and started planning her party right after she was born. So would I really go as far to paint a B that will NOT ever fade or go away? No, I wouldn't go that far. I was spray painting primer on her letters in her room before she was born and for whatever reason thought the primer was clear. It obviously was not clear and a year later it's still there and going strong. I think I might add a "W" to give both kids proper recognition. Oh well it fit the theme of Brooklyn and Butterflies.

1 comment:

Brenda B said...

Time does fly huh? Devin just turned one a couple of weeks ago. I remember when we were prego!

Those bloomers are rediculously cute!

Happy Bithday Brooklyn!