Saturday, September 13, 2008

yIKEs, we don't like IKE

We made it through our first Hurricane to officially hit Houston since we have lived here. We "hunkered down", froze water bottles, bought ice, and wondered what the heck we should do to be prepared for a hurricane the size of Texas coming right at us. The damage in the Houston area has been truly devastating but in our area we got the very least of this bad storm. We stayed and at our house and suffered no damage what so ever. But, the next time they say a hurricane is coming we are SO out of here! We kept power, satellite, and water and almost felt guilty when people asked how long we did without. For whatever reason our section of the neighborhood all stayed in power. These are just a few pictures around our house, nothing to terrible at all.




Here we are "hunkered down" I called my Dad to see what hunkered down meant and neither one of us really came up with a good definition. But this is as close as we could figure out. We all slept in our closet. Or actually Weston slept in our closet because he was the only one who could actually sleep through a hurricane. I will be fine if I never here the words "hunker down" again. The news, the radio, random people all kept saying it over and over and over again. It's kind of a joke around our house now.


Even in the closet when all four of us where in there we could hear the wind howling through the house. Very creepy and I will admit pretty scary. Weston thought it was so much fun to sleep in Mommy and Daddy's closet. So much fun in fact that he prayed for another hurricane so he could sleep our closet again. Maybe we should just do a family closet camp out night instead of hunkering down for a massive hurricane in the future. (I'm seeing how many times I can use the made up word "hunker down" in one post. I don't see many other opportunities to use it)


We did all lay down at one point but Brooklyn was ticked that we were all staring at her in the pack n play, Weston slept but managed to turn upside down and sideways and steam roll across me and Jeremy. We put Brooklyn on the floor and she thought it was play time, Sophie was going nuts because that's what our crazy dog does and Jeremy and I wanted play by play of where Ike was headed. All in all not a bad night considering how well we made it through the storm.



No comments: