Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Why packing is hard with a two year old!












A lot has happened in the Gilliam household the last month. Jeremy accepted a job offer in Houston, we found a house in Katy, we put this one the market, got a contract after nine days, and Jeremy starts on Monday. We definitely can see the Lord's hand in this and things have really gone very smoothly. We got our house ready to put on the market in four days, that may be more than enough time for most people but for us . . . we didn't sleep much in those four days. We had to clean out all of the closets because I am of the mind frame that if you can't see it don't worry about it. Our realtor asked me if it was possible for one person to wear all of these clothes when he looked in our closet. This was after Jeremy and I spent several hours making in presentable. Thank goodness I married a man that likes to organize because I can't stand it. Give me a broom, a mop, a paint brush, a toilet bowl brush, whatever, just don't make me organize something. So Jeremy did most of the work while I just wandered around in circles not sure of what to do. But by the Grace of God we got it done and a nice couple wants to buy our house! I think the Lord knows me well because I was getting frustrated looking at houses in Katy (even though Mom warned me not to) then we find one we both love and it's currently being constructed. I was already tired of having the house on the market (yes it had only been a week) then we get an offer. We are extremely thankful this has gone so smoothly. I have been pretty upset that Jeremy will leave for Houston before Weston and I can get there and at least now I have a date and it's only a month away! I have a feeling we will get to know highway 45 between Dallas and Houston pretty well by the time July 20 rolls around. We are really looking forward to the new opportunities that wait for us in Katy and are very excited about our new house!!
Back to the picture of Weston - I was clearing clothes out of the closet (have I mentioned our new closet in twice the size of the one we have now? Not sure who is more excited me or Jeremy) and had filled this crate up with clothes that I don't need right now. Jeremy and I sat down for a break and started to watch the Mavericks game. Here comes Weston pulling the now empty crate into the family room and sits in it to watch the game. At this point we just laugh what else can you do?

1 comment:

Doni Brinkman said...

I pulled tons of clothes out, threw them in outdoor trash bags and stuffed them in the attic for the walk throughs:). That was my idea of organizing!