Friday, September 08, 2006

Summer Wrap Up

***WARNING*** Long post!
This summer has gone by so fast and so much has happened. Here is a brief (well not that brief) wrap up and summer pictures. We spent the 4th of July at Eric's parents lake house. Weston and I spent lots of time in Houston to visit Jeremy. Since he lived with my parents it worked out good to see them and him! Weston and I stayed with Sheila for a week before we officially moved to Houston. We had a blast at Hayden's 3rd birthday party and enjoyed spending the week with them. I even got the playgroup bunch to meet me for one last playgroup that Weston and I could be at. We had the 2nd annual Peterson Reunion at Meme's house the last weekend of July.
We met Meme's fiance for the first time and decided he's a pretty good guy and he makes her very happy, which makes us happy! My cousin JJ and his wife drove in from Phoenix so we decided our Houston trek wasn't so bad.
Weston completely quit sucking on his 3 fingers sometime in August which meant many restless nights for all of us. I guess cramming three fingers in his mouth finally proved uncomfortable. I really wondered if it would be a bad thing to get your 2 year old hooked on a paci (we really needed the sleep!) but he wasn't interested. I don't know if I would have gone through with it. . .
We learned 2 year old's don't adapt to change very well and had an interesting and challenging time with Weston.
We lived with Mom and Dad a week and finally got in the new house August 4th! After a few weeks of new construction crazies (to put it mildly) we are really enjoying the new house. There are pools, splash parks, and playgrounds so always something to do. I spent a week brown bagging the walls in Weston's room and am very pleased with how it turned out. I wasn't sure about half way into it and asked Jeremy if I should rip it down and just paint it. He said do what you think you need to do. Not exactly the answer I was looking for. I had everyone from my parents to our builder look at we all decided it's pretty neat looking. Even Jeremy has come around and now he likes it. It was very easy but ridiculously time consuming. Sheila, Eric, Hunter and Hayden came to see us they had to sleep with boxes in their room ( I thought if I left them they might unpack them. . . didn't happen! he he). We went to the Kemah boardwalk, ate at the aquarium , rode the train and Jeremy won the biggest blow up Nemo you have ever seen. We all piled in the Sheila's suburban and it made a tight fit coming back home with the huge Nemo. Weston insisted on holding it and wouldn't let anyone touch it. That was a fun car ride home. We also went to Lupe's Tortilla's with them. Sheila is the one who told us we need to try it out and I think it's now our favorite place. There is a HUGE sandlot out front with lots of toys so the kids can play while you wait for a seat. The food's not bad either! We have now been there the last 3 Friday's! We went to On The Border in Frisco every Friday night so guess we are starting another tradition. Jeremy's Mom and Dad came in last weekend and brought up the pool table. Jeremy helped pay for this pool table while he was in high school and has wanted it since we've been married. That was his only request when we were looking for a house, that it have a game room big enough for his pool table. The Gilliam's graciously paid to have it broken down and put back up and hauled it in a u-haul from Midland to Katy. Gary had an unfortunate accident with the u-haul door and ended up at Katy Urgent Care Center most of Saturday for a tetanus shot and some surgical tape. We went to the pool, the playground, Lupe's, Bolli Brother's and even fit in some games of pool during the weekend. Weston loves to roll the balls on the pool table. He even woke up in the middle of the night and all we hear is "i wanna play balls!"
Weston started preschool for the first time and I think he's is going to enjoy it. The mornings are pretty rough when I drop him off. Usually both of us are in tears. I hope he gets to where the drop off isn't so hard on him. He tells me he likes it and that he wants to go back. I always call about 45 minutes after I drop him off and he is always very happy. When Jeremy asks him about school he says, "I pay outside, I pay basketball, and Mommy come back" At least he's got the important stuff down!
That pretty much wraps up our summer.

No comments: