Thursday, February 01, 2007

It's a . . .


GIRL!!!

We think she 's pretty cute! Her name is Brooklyn Rebekah. Brooke D'Lynn Nichols was one of my best friends that passed away almost five years ago. I can't think of a better person to name my baby girl after. She will have some pretty big shoes to fill. My prayer is that Brooklyn will have the same passion and love of life and family that Brooke did.
We are doing Rebekah after my Mom and my middle name. We thought about having her middle name be Faith since we have really had to rely a lot on faith throughout this pregnancy. But I have pretty much decided that she needs to be named after Mom too. I have always liked that Rebekah was a part of my name and I think Brooklyn will too.
I can't wait to meet Brooklyn. Only 20 or more weeks!!
We told Weston tonight while he was playing with play dough his response to "Weston you are going to have a baby sister" was "Yeah, I'm making a baseball" He's not quite as impressed just yet. The funny thing is he has been talking about his baby sister long before we knew what she was.

3 comments:

i am not said...

She's beautiful, Robin! Can't wait to see a real life photo of her out of your tummy:) Praying for a healthy 20+ weeks for you both!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty baby girl...anxious for her arrival, won't be much longer, now!!!!

Jordan said...

Hooray! Praise God for his infinite mercies to us. So glad that you are finally feeling a bit better.