She's here!! Brooklyn arrived June 27, 2007 at 2:16 pm. We were all a little off on our weight guesstimates. She was 6 pounds 14 ounces and came out with a full head of hair! We were told at our 3D sonogram and at the 36 week sonogram that she would completely bald. To quote the sonographer "she doesn't even have peach fuzz" They were wrong!
When we left the hospital Brooklyn dropped down to 6 pounds 3 ounces but by her two week appointment was 7.1! She definitely has eating figured out.
The last few weeks have been a little crazy and we are figuring out our new normal. Thankfully we have had lots of help and company.
Weston has done fantastic and we are thrilled at how much he loves his sister. When she was about a week old we were getting ready for bed and Weston said "Mommy thank you for my baby sister" It did take him a few weeks to realize that I was his Mommy and her Mommy. I put Brooklyn in her bed and said "Mommy will be right back" Weston looked at me and said
"You're not her Mommy" I think he's figured out now that I can be his Mommy and Brooklyn's Mommy. It's hard to believe that we have only had Brooklyn for three weeks it seems like she's always been here.
When we left the hospital Brooklyn dropped down to 6 pounds 3 ounces but by her two week appointment was 7.1! She definitely has eating figured out.
The last few weeks have been a little crazy and we are figuring out our new normal. Thankfully we have had lots of help and company.
Weston has done fantastic and we are thrilled at how much he loves his sister. When she was about a week old we were getting ready for bed and Weston said "Mommy thank you for my baby sister" It did take him a few weeks to realize that I was his Mommy and her Mommy. I put Brooklyn in her bed and said "Mommy will be right back" Weston looked at me and said
"You're not her Mommy" I think he's figured out now that I can be his Mommy and Brooklyn's Mommy. It's hard to believe that we have only had Brooklyn for three weeks it seems like she's always been here.



4 comments:
Hi Robin! I'm so glad I popped over to your site. :)
You look soooooooo beautiful holding your new gorgeous girl! I'm so happy for you! Isn't she amazing? And little Weston - what a cute, proud big brother! God is so good, isn't He?
Congratulations!! :)
Brooklyn is beautiful. We miss you guys!
Love,
Shannon and Bella
She is just amazing Robin! Love the girly hair bands! So sweet! Congratulations!
The picture of them staring at eachother is TOO precious!
Post a Comment