Sunday, November 09, 2008

I love the fall. . .

Isn't her dress precious? Staci made it and the bow for her and I LOVED it! She got a lot of use out of both of them. She ended up with three different Halloween outfits, I decided I really like themed clothes for the holidays. Something you really can't do to much with a boy. Oh the joys of having a little girl!!

Lovin' my Bubba!
Walk baby, walk. . .
Brooklyn is still not really walking. She is taking more steps everyday but I wouldn't say she is walking. She does really well if she is holding on to us and loves to walk with Weston. I think she doesn't really care if she walks or not. It's been a source of hurt mommy feelings when the subject comes up at a certain Mom's group I'm in. Only because they wanted to put her in the creepers class with babies who are MUCH younger than her. Logically I get it but it still didn't really make sense to me, so maybe I don't get it. I had to pull out my "I have a degree in early childhood card and I work as a nursery coordinator at our church" to get my point across that she needs to be in a class with children her own age so she will be around other children her age and want to walk. It ended up with an exasperated me saying "Her brain is fine! She just doesn't want to walk!" That was about a month ago. So naturally it came up again on Friday. I chose to just nod my head and thank them for their thoughts. Most of the time when it comes up lately I go into "well I walked late, my nephew was 17 months, her brother was 15 months. She didn't really stand a chance to walk by 12 months" I want to follow up with, and why do you care?
The comments some people make are really comical when you think about it. I had one lady ask me how my son has brown eyes and my daughter blue. I am trying to think of something really clever to say and Weston busts out with "Mommy and Weston have brown eyes and Brookie and Daddy have blue eyes!" DNA is kinda weird like that. . .


Here's a story of a lovely lady. . . .

More themed clothes


Ryder, Hunter, Weston and Brooklyn. Hayden wasn't really feeling in the mood for pictures this day. We'll have to try again this weekend. Getting a picture of all five is pretty difficult I think we are going to let the professionals have a go at it.

3 comments:

Brenda B said...

Brooklyn's themed clothes are so cute! And 9 - 18 month is the PERFECTLY NORMAL age range for children to walk!! They need to leave our Brooklyn alone. she'll walk when she's darn good and ready! Stick to your guns mama!

The Carrell's said...

Every time I hear that story about putting B in the 'creepers' class it totally makes me laugh! Of course her BRAIN is fine. What happened to the concept of MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!! It's okay to 'throw down' even if it IS at MOPS;-) Your babies are precious...we miss you guys!!

Becky P. said...

Everyone looks so happy, and of course, adorable! Love reading the blog, too...cutest grandkids I think I've ever seen...LOL Love, NaNa