Weston's new look. He started to really complain about headaches especially when he was watching a movie or playing the wii. This went on for nearly two months and when I talked to his occupational therapist about it she recommended we see a developmental opthamologist. (The squiggly lines are there and I can't figure out how to spell that.) Turns out Weston needed glasses in the worst way. When he first started the eye chart with letters and pictures he did great. Then they covered his left eye and he did great. When they covered his right eye he really started struggling. He kept trying to peek around the cover on his eye so he could use his right eye to see. It really broke my heart, I could see everything so easily and it was so sad for me to see him struggle with this. He kept saying it looks all scribbly. I just wasn't prepared to leave with glasses for my boy. I am thankful that this was all it was. Headaches in a little kid can be scary and I am glad that this was something we could fix. He picked out some cool power ranger glasses and he was excited about it. Because you know all the cool kids wear glasses.
Basically his right eye is over compensating for his left eye, leaving his left eye weak. He also has an astigmatism. I wasn't sure how in the world we were going to keep glasses on Weston full time. I already had bribe ideas and a reward system cooking up in my brain but we never had to go there. He is doing great with them and I can think of just a hand full of times we had to tell him to go get his glasses. He wants to wear them. I must admit he looks pretty stinkin' cute! Brooklyn loves to pull his glasses off so that creates a little bit of drama and she has had to go to her first time out because of it. She was not a fan of being in trouble but I can't say it stopped her from trying to pull them off again and again.
We went back Friday April 3 for a glasses check and it turns out his prescription wasn't quite strong enough. Hopefully this new lens on order will help out even more.



2 comments:
Yay...you go Weston! Love, Nana
Just LOVE these pix of Brookie in her little playhouse...love her pony tail, too! Love, Nana
Post a Comment